Monday 6 June 2011

Joining a running club

That’s it I have finely done it I have gone a joined a running club, over the last 4 years I have considered joining a club but was to afraid to be to do so, I didn’t want to be the one holding people back, or not being able to keep up with real runners I was afraid not to fit in.



This was the biggest problem I didn’t consider myself a real runner, that was until a mate of mine asked a rather direct question  “other than work and family what’s the one thing you  do or read about every single day” and the answer as simple “running” to which he followed up with “if you think about or run every day how can you not be a Real runner”.



It still took a bit longer to get the confidence to go, but I have now joined a club with some very nice people there, of all ages and abilities, there is no you’re not good enough I was so worried about, just a bunch of people all doing a activity they enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment